Monday, June 23, 2008

A Fast One Gets Pulled On Me

After this happened, I felt like it was something that should have happened, or I should have noticed, a long time ago.

While bartending last weekend, we were fairly busy. I spotted a potential customer leaning against the bar, waiting patiently with money in hand. In a more than reasonable amount of time, I walked over to him and asked him what he needed.

"Just a water, man," he said as he pocketed his money.

I made him his water, saw I was getting no tip, and since water is free, I realized that I had been had. The guy lured me over to the opposite end of the bar with his cash-in-hand, and got what he wanted without paying a dime.

Motherfucker.

4 Comments:

At 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean you don't have a self-serve water cooler like every other bar in town? Well, now you know why everyone else has them.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Brian said...

One less drunk for you to deal with though, right?

 
At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You lazy prick. I tended bar in Athens for over 10 years and the ones who only want water and leave no tip are a lot better than the ones that want 5 part drink that takes forever to make and leave no tip. Get over yourself. You probably think you should get a tip for just being there.

 
At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I applaud the guy for his ingenuity- if he hadn't had the money out, you would have just ignored him. Does clicking a button for 7 seconds really merit a tip anyways?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home