Friday, August 17, 2007

Taken from the Athens-Banner Herald Blog

As far as Mr. Badass AthensDoorGuy, that's a good line for piling on and kicking drunken frat boys, but that attitude will sure 'nuff get him and all his friends hurt when one of his intended victims introduces Mr. Badass to his two good personal friends, Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson.

First of all, I'd hardly call anyone who comes into a bar willingly and gets obliterated on cheap liquor a "victim" of any kind. If you choose to go downtown and get drunk and start fights or annoy everyone within a 10 foot radius of you, you're not a victim. You're just another drunk kid downtown who can't handle his alcohol. I'm not downtown to get drunk. I'm down there to be paid for doing my job.

I don't go around beating people up who look at me wrong. I don't throw people out onto the street on a whim. I do my job and I do it well. I make this blog because it's entertaining to me, and hopefully to anyone else who decides to read it. It's for entertainment and I certainly throw some bravado into the stories I write about. Big deal.

As for being introduced to the so-called "Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson", thanks, but I've already been there and done that. Twice, actually. I've seen people pull knives multiple times. I've been stabbed myself. I saw a kid get a knife stuck in his chest one night years ago. Dealing with weapons aren't fun at all, and I'd like not to repeat it ever again.

I've never claimed to be a badass. I've never claimed to be tough. Start thinking like that and you'll quickly be introduced to someone who's tougher than you, and he'll laugh at you while he rips your arms out of their sockets. I'm not oblivious to the dangers of downtown and, contrary to what anyone thinks, I try to avoid things like that at all costs. Unfortunately, many of my customers don't.

That is all.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home