Friday, July 20, 2007

Another Article...

This article appeared in the Red & Black yesterday.

More legislation. More rules to follow. Personally, I don't have a problem with a majority of what they're proposing, after some thought. I do, however, have an issue with the government sticking their fucking nose in my fucking business, a move that could potentially affect my paycheck.

I should also add that the "training" aspect of it sort of gets to me. Not to say I'm a fucking expert of anything, but I have been doing this awhile. I know a little bit about it. I'd be suprised if they told me anything I didn't already know or haven't already experienced. But the background checks, training and certification of bouncers downtown really is addressing a problem that doesn't even exist, bottom line. Most are decent guys just trying to make some money and have a good time while doing it.

The owner of The Loft is quoted in there, and makes an interesting point. All of this focus is on making new rules and regulations for the bars/clubs and restaurants to follow, how about a little more policing and legislation in the direction of those who are coming downtown and getting drunk, throwing up on the sidewalks, fighting and generally being a nuisance? Maybe a little more effort towards nailing underaged drinkers?

Bottom line, as long as UGA and alcohol are in Athens, there will be drunk college kids. And hopefully I can continue to profit from it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home