Saturday, September 13, 2008

R & B

I could write a big, long post about this, but I've been feeling extremely lazy as of late, if my lack of posts hasn't already indicated that.

This mistaken policy that Kyle writes about isn't limited to only the bar business. It's a wonder why we're in the crosshairs for something else, yet again. We seem to be at fault for a lot of things.

As for me, I'll continue to enforce my $10 minimum. Don't like it? Then you probably can guess what I'll tell you: Go fuck yourself and drink somewhere else.

In other news, I'll be working the doors tonight, which is something I've gotten away from lately. It should be a glorious return to my roots and I plan on giving each and every one of you little shithead underaged college fuckoff drinkers a hard time the entire night. Hopefully I'll run across our good friend Kyle tonight and give him a personal, up close look into my opinion of his recent article. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

That's all for today.

8 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah, you'll run the card, dude. You talk a good game, but when your boss Hahaha...I'll just DISPUTE the charge on my credit card and when they find out you're violating the CONTRACT with Visa, YOU WON'T GET PAID! And your bar won't be allowed to accept credit cards anymore which will put you out of business.

Nah, you'll run the card, dude. You talk a good game, but when your boss finds out you are about to cost him his Visa contract, he'll fire your ass and he'll run the card if he has to!

 
At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure he says in his article that NO place can charge a minimum. Don't always play the victim...

 
At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on this one... if a bartender has to go through the trouble of running a card it should be a 10 dollar minimum! If you are going to go out drinking you should be prepared to spend that much and its not like everyone doesnt already know that they are supposed to spend 10 on a card... if you dont plan on drinking that much then bring cash... i usually spend 10 and then tip 5 because honestly... service industry sucks.

 
At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dumbass college students.... always nailing themselves to the cross and screaming "poor me"

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the $10 limit. I don't exactly like it, but I understand it's existence. why are businesses open? to make money. A minimum fee can offset slow nights, really busy nights (which I'll assume can be inefficient frequently) and just the general expenses of running a business. I would imagine the leases/monthly payments aren't cheap, much less insurance, et cetera.
Have people never seen this before? Convenience stores work this way frequently, and I don't think it's too much to ask usually.
$10 at a bar isn't too hard of a task either, even if you're drinking cheap.

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Elizabeth A. said...

I find it strange all of the commenters are anon. I was at a tattoo shop and if you wanted to use a credit card, they charged you a dollar or two. I paid cash, but I think that could be a solution. Don't want $10 worth of drinks? Then grat it, charge a fee. You should have to pay for the extra trouble. Do whatcha gotta do to stay in business.

 
At 5:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most people post here as anonymous because, well, the blogger is anonymous. Anonymity is respected here.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger wideheavyload said...

In my experience, bartenders that I know and am regulars with, NEVER enforce the 10 buck minimum. I'm always prepared to tip up to the 10 bucks if I only have a couple beers or something, but they never do it.

I imagine the 10 dollar minimum is for folks they don't know, troublesome drink orderers, or people who give them a hard time about the 10 dollar minimum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home