Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend Recap

I heard about this before it came out in the newspaper. Why am I not surprised? I especially like the 30th comment by Endless Mike about how Bourbon Street has never been busted by the cops. As if that makes their grossly underaged customers any less underaged.

By my count at this point, there were roughly 5 bars busted by the cops doing their underaged stings this weekend. I like how the underagers who were working for the cops ran their mouths and practically all of downtown was warned days beforehand. Those who were busted deserved it because we all knew it was coming.

Saturday night after we closed we heard gunshots downtown and shortly thereafter, sirens. Anyone have any info on this?

And finally...to the kid I choked out and dropped on his face in the street Saturday night: That's what you get when you're a drunk, angry freshman who thinks it's okay to drink too much and shove an innocent girl to the ground in front of a group of bigger, sober floor guys who feel like they have a calling to make sure guys don't treat girls like shit. You might feel like you're bulletproof, but when you woke up on Sunday, I hope you realized that you're not, regardless of how you feel after 10 bourbon and cokes. I hope your face fucking hurts. It makes me happy to think that I immediately dished out some impromtu justice in defense of a tiny girl who was on the receiving end of a kid who doesn't know how to keep his emotions and actions in check.

6 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you list the 5 bars that got busted and post you witty thoughts on each of them? We are all waiting, and don't say that you are a universally unbiased source because you clearly don't have a problem calling Bourbon Street out. It makes you look like the Red and Black, incompetent and unobjective.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger ralf said...

I just stumbled on your blog and spent two hours reading all of your post. Fantastic stuff. Man I miss Athens...

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger AthensDoorGuy said...

Hey anonymous, I'm clearly not an unbiased news source because this isn't a newspaper. It's a blog written by a doorguy downtown. Read the description of my blog at the top of the page. It's my blog and I get to write about what I want. I don't have to personally like every single bar downtown and agree with how they run their business. Sometimes I might write about it, too. But don't confuse that with my support of fellow door guys downtown. I apologize if you don't agree with that.

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm ALWAYS reading something about Sandra's bars. Whether it's the underage drinking, someone getting shot or a throat being cut. She sure knows how to run a business and attract quality customers. LOL I personally would never step a foot in one of her establishments!

 
At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She makes da money, though! She figured out a long time ago that if you want to make money with a bar in a college town, cater to the idiots.

Look at all the bars that have tried to focus on "adult" "professional" customers with "sophisticated coctails"...oh, yeah, those bars went out of business after the owner sat around drinking with his employees and friends for 6 months.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

How legit is this so called 'sting' operation though? I have a friend who was ticketed for letting in an 'underager'. He was totally sober, checked every ID and didn't let in anyone who showed him a legit 'of age' ID. I'm not being critical just honestly curious...I have had this exact same story happen to more than one of my friends who are doorguys over the 5 or 6 years i spent in Athens...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home