Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Another Year Begins

This weekend promises to be the warmup before next weekend, when the dorms are supposed to fill up (or so I've been told) and the real fun begins for the next 2 months or so.

So...expect a new post or two on Saturday and maybe even Sunday.

I also plan on commenting on the abso-fucking-lutely ridiculous actions that our football players have been getting into downtown, specifically the brawl at The Library last Friday night. These guys are shooting themselves in the foot lately.

Here's to drinking too much, throwing up on the bartop, fighting the bouncers, and getting arrested. Cheers.

2 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck to you as the onslaught begins, Athens Bartender. I'm a longtime (30 years or so) Athens resident, and I sometimes read your blog and marvel at what all of you working in our bars and restaurants put up with. I appreciate that, and I tip well to show it. I often feel like downtown Athens has become a theme park for privileged college students, and that's sad to see. Not at all what I would've predicted following the brief renaissance of small, funky shops that opened downtown after all the big stores moved to Georgia Square.

Be strong and well!

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be there with you, Athens Door Guy! But wouldnt it be crazy if I got bounced by you?7

I would feel honored! *thumbs up*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home