Monday, August 20, 2007

Clublife

The book Clublife, written by Rob the Bouncer, who also writes this blog, is one you should buy. I've said that in an earlier post. You really should definitely buy it. Someone asked me recently why I don't just quit doing what I do if I'm annoyed and pissed off all the time, and it brought to mind a paragraph in the book which I thought sums it all up perfectly.

This camaraderie is what keeps you going as a bouncer. If you're on the right staff-teamed with the right group of guys-you'll make friends you'll want to keep for a lifetime. After a while, bouncing becomes more than simply a job you do, because you start looking forward to going to the club and being with your friends. You want to protect them. When fights are called, and you all have to run to the scene of some guido bullshit and do what you're being paid to do, you want to get where you're going as fast as you can, because you know you're a part of something, as stupid and as useless as that something may seem from the outside.

I couldn't have put it better myself. This was reprinted totally without permission, so if Rob or someone from Harper Collins wants this removed, please shoot me an email and I'd be happy to take it down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home