Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Again

Are you all going to ever start listening to me? Ever?

Shit like this will keep happening regardless of how many underaged stings the police do on the bars downtown, how many times the fire marshall comes down hard on all the overcrowded bars, how many underaged kids go to jail, how many DUI checkpoints the ACCPD and the GSP set up, and overall, how much government control the county implements in regards to bars and drinking.

The cops can only do so much. The bars can only accept so much responsibility. At some point, you're going to have to look out for yourself, and no county ordinance, police officer, or door guy on the planet can change whats going to happen when you get so drunk you don't know what's going on.

The only real thing that can prevent things like this from happening is for the student population to start acceping a little personal responsibility for once. Until we quit playing the blame game and start acting with the intelligence that I only suspect most of you have, girls are going to keep getting raped downtown year after year, people are going to be killed by drunk drivers, kids are going to get injured in bar fights, and lives are going to be ruined.

Stay with your fucking friends. Don't drink yourself into a blackout. Look out for each other when you're downtown. Don't leave your drunk roommate passed out on the sidewalk in her own puke and expect her to be okay. Get a cab home. Stay safe, whatever it takes.

It's the same shit I've been preaching about for about 2 fucking years. Learn it. Live it. Despite my constant bitching on here about annoying drunk college kids, I don't want to read about these things happening any more than this poor girl wants to be raped by a random man following her home.

So quit being fucking stupid and start paying attention before something bad happens to you or your friends.

1 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger KatyRoe said...

Thank you. That was exactly what I was thinking when I read that article. I am a woman, and by no means do I think it's OK for this to happen or that the girl is "asking for it". I do believe that if you're going to get pass-out drunk, you have some responsibility in the matter. I never drink more than a beer or two if I know that I'm going to be alone at some point, and I always take pepper spray. You have to take at least some responsibility for what happens to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home