Monday, March 03, 2008

Something Strange

I've noticed this recently, yet wanted to believe that it wasn't true. I've wondered if it's just been exclusive to my bar, or if other bars around downtown have noticed it, too.

For the past few months, I've seen them coming around. Maybe it's not really even them, but just their style. Who knows. Either way, the kids wearing the shirts with the tribal designs, the Affliction t-shirts, always a few sizes too small, the spikey hair and diamond earrings, some with fake, spray-on tans, and always the bad attitudes, have been patronizing my bar for the past few months.

Most of them look like they've spent an inordinate amount of time in the gym focusing on their arms - especially a pair that we threw out last weekend who reminded me of a couple of angry gorillas - and I've got to be honest: What the fuck is going on around here? Is this not the south?

I thought it might be a fad or some strange anomaly, but sure enough...they've continued to show up at the bar weekend after weekend for some time now.

I'm beginning to fear that some mutated southern version of the guido phenomenon I've heard so much about is beginning to take hold right here in Athens, Georgia.

1 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha... have you seen www.hotchickswithdouchbags.com? They're everywhere. And their population is growing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home