Saturday, December 01, 2007

A Good Idea

Come Jan. 1, we can't drink on the job anymore.

As much as I hate to admit it, it's a good idea.

A sober doorguy can handle situations much more effectively, stay calm and keep his wits about him.

When I'm working and sober, it takes a whole hell of a lot to push me to the brink of really getting pissed off. A lot. Almost to a flaw.

When I'm drinking, you're just a little frat boy who I'm hoping will run their mouth and square off with me. Just give me an excuse, motherfucker.

And this is why it's good. Because I'm not good at keeping myself in check when I'm working under the influence, and things never turn out well for those on the receiving end when the stars align and somebody catches me on a night where I'm drunk and pissed off.

It'll be interesting to see if employees actually follow this law and it will be even more interesting to see if the police enforce it.

But the bottom line is, if it all goes as planned I think we'll have much fewer problems downtown at the end of the day.

1 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger Russell said...

I'm sorry I must have missed this piece of news. Am I reading between the line correctly? Is it a new law that employees of bars are no longer allowed to consume during their shifts?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home