Sunday, September 30, 2007

It's Still A Mystery

There's a reason that I write this blog annonymously. I don't think I've ever said why, so maybe I can explain myself a bit. So for the handful of people who read this on a regular basis, I feel I owe an explaination.

First of all, it certainly isn't because I want to appear "hip" or "mysterious". As far as I've experienced, there's no reward that I'm getting out of writing this other than my own entertainment and the fact that I now can document the shit that I go through and laugh at it later when I read it myself. Occasionally, I get to piss people off online. That's probably the best reward so far.

There's exactly four people in the entire world that even know who I really am. So I'm definitely not shouting out from the rooftops that I write about my otherwise pointless job on the internet. I'm definitely not pulling in girls or money because of it. In fact, I'd probably get made fun of for it, if anything.

Working in a bar is a pretty low-level job - especially being near the bottom of the totum pole in the bar hierarchy - that's boring 95% of the time. It can otherwise be pretty funny, scary and occasionally violent the other 5%, which is the percent that I try to focus on. Because let's face it: do you really want to hear about me sitting at the bar talking about the hot ass of the girl that just walked by the front door with my coworkers at 9:30pm when we're mostly empty? Me either.

But mainly, I like to stay annonymous because I can write whatever the hell I want to about downtown, drinking, fighting, bars, customers, the greek system and their silver-spoon-in-mouth members, cops, and our wonderful elected leaders and justice system. And I can say these things without any risk of retaliation, against me or any of my places of employement.

Hopefully some of these people can read this from time to time and, if anything, perhaps it can help them to understand the plight of the lowly floor/door staffs of downtown Athens, especially when you hurl your bullshit in our direction for doing our jobs.

I'm sure my bosses wouldn't be thrilled to hear that their door guy is the one talking negatively about the people who ultimately make the decisions about the bars licensing, taxes, and all the other politically motivated bullshit that goes on around here, so I suppose that's another reason. That is, if I value my job on any level. Which I do. Seriously.

So there you have it. More regular stuff later. Drunkards never fail to entertain on home game weekends.

4 Comments:

At 12:30 AM, Blogger AthensYoungin said...

dude you have some pretty entertaining posts on here.

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Bugzer said...

I quit being the door guy for several
reasons, but I do enjoy hearing it
from others who have done the same shitty job.

Keep it up.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger brax said...

this is a very enjoyable blog and i check it often.

and i *think* i know who you are and if i'm right a fine fellow. keep it up.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger AthensDoorGuy said...

Thanks for reading.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home