Happy New Year! Unfortunately, it wasn't happy for everyone.
Something like this happening at the bar I worked at always scared the hell out of me. I just can't imagine what in the world made the club employees think it was okay to bring fireworks into a crowded club.
We, the employees, talked about what we would do or how we would get out should a fire ever break out in our overcrowded bar. A few years ago, the fire marshall came in to certify us in "crowd control" and showed us a video of the bar fire when the band Great White was playing and their pyrotechnics set the place on fire and about 100 people died. It was one of the most horrific videos I've seen.
But anyway, Happy New Year!